Earth Day is just around the corner. It can be challenging to talk to students about the environment in a way that doesn’t discourage them. The lessons I created for this interactive notebook are designed with a variety of activities that help students explore key ideas surrounding how they can help the environment not just on a personal level, but as part of a community.
- A KWL Chart for students to track their learning and questions
- Two reading passages and fold over responses:
- Schoolyard Clean-Up: This fictional passage emphasizes the importance of community for helping the environment.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!: non-fiction reading passage discussing the 3 R’s for reducing waste.
- ‘I Can…’ Foldable Note
- Reduce Reuse Recycle Foldable Note
- ‘The Earth Is Everyone’s Home & Everyone’s Responsibility’: foldable note or bullitain board display exploring where positive environmental changes can be made.
- Teaching guides for each activity and visual foldable instructions.